The Friday before Easter, J came home from work with a sore throat and fever. He rarely gets sick, I mean once a year, if that. He took some medicine and laid on the couch. Before we went to bed that night he told me that he felt really bad. I was going to check his temperature throughout the night to see if it had come down, but his violent shaking told me that it hadn't and he just needed more meds. When he woke the next morning, he went straight to the couch and just laid there. I went to check on him and he said "someone needs to get me to the doctor." This is not J! He will refuse to go to the doctor. I immediately called his Mom and his Dad came and got him and took him to the Saturday clinic. I stayed home with the kids and waited impatiently, nervous about what his diagnosis would be. My mother-in-law called me and said that he had some type of infection. His white blood count was extremely elevated. The dr was surprised that he was able to walk into the clinic with a blood count that high. And really, that was all J could do was walk in. He passed out at the front desk and the nurses were all over him. They took blood and did some tests. His throat culture came back negative. All they knew was that he had an infection and he was very dehydrated. The dr wanted to admit him, but J said no and agreed to a list of things he had to do in order to stay out of the hospital. He got shots and about 4 prescriptions for medicines and pain pills. His muscles in his upper back and neck were hurting as well. The dr had spinal meningitis in the back of his mind, but didn't want to put him through the spinal tap if it wasn't necessary. Once he was home, I had to keep checking every couple of hours to see if he could move his neck easily. On the way home he continued to pass out. J's Dad had to stop and get an ammonia rag just to keep him conscious. I had to use that rag on him a few more times during the weekend and he was just laying in bed. I have never seen him so sick and I hope I never have to again.
The kids had a great weekend. It was different delivering the Easter loot all by myself and I'm sure J just hated missing their faces the next morning. I dressed them up all pretty for church and their Yaya and Pop came to pick them up. Easter celebration was at their house. The kids were able to visit with family, have lunch, and hunt eggs inside. During lunch the tornado sirens went off. We have heard those sirens way too much this year!
The kids and I set out Easter buckets for the Easter bunny. Then we read the Easter story out of one of their kids' Bibles. I enjoy doing the fun Easter stuff with them like baskets and hiding eggs, but it's important to me that my children know the true meaning of Easter.
G got Pinkalicious high heels, a new book, a swimsuit and board shorts, new panties, and a chocolate bunny.
B got a book, swim trunks, a sippy cup, trucks, and a chocolate bunny.
G and B with their Pop and Yaya!
No comments:
Post a Comment