Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Back to school

I am sure that I just packed up my classroom yesterday for Summer break...moved furniture for the carpets to be cleaned, turned in my inventory and end of the year checklist, and got out of there like someone pulled the fire alarm! Where did my two months go?

Ready or not, school is starting in a week! I have been preparing my classroom for my new group of kiddos and preparing myself for the new curriculum and standards, the parents that come along with teaching, and the diversity that makes up my class. Even though I am not ready to teach physically, my heart is ready to love on these 17 special children that God has placed in my room. Honestly, before last week I was not motivated for this school year. My foot hurts. It hurts to walk. And teaching kindergarten involves A LOT of walking. So...I was not looking forward to the start of the new school year. But I came across this song that has really got me excited and motivated. God is a big, big God. I know He will help me to get through the pain in the first several weeks of school so that I can do what I am called to do...and that is to teach and to love children.



Whether you are an educator or have children in the school system, I wish you a wonderful year!!

“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6


No comments: