Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Classic

If you have talked to me at all about the build of our home, you know the number one look I am going for- classic. Even though I know it is bound to happen, I do not want to remodel anything for a very, very long time.

I have always loved the look of brick floors. I knew early on in building that I wanted some- somewhere, anywhere. We went to a brick company months back when we were checking out brick for the exterior of our home and they had some sample brick on the floor. That sealed the deal. I walked on it and was able to see its beauty in person. I grabbed a pamphlet and was on my way. We didn't find exterior brick that day, but I was ecstatic about our find, our "brick tile."

J started calling companies about six weeks ago to order our brick tile. They kept giving us the run around....that the color we wanted was no longer in stock, couldn't find anywhere to ship it close to us, etc. It was quite an ordeal. J was persistent and kept making phone calls. (It's amazing that these companies stay in business, by the way. No one knows the answers to important questions. No one.) Anyhow, we got the brick tile ordered and picked it up a couple weeks ago.

J and our friend Ryan started laying it Sunday.


They almost finished laying in the kids' bathroom. The wood spacers are still in. We are thinking about using black grout.



I am lovin' this look. To me, you can't get any more classic than brick floors.

No comments: