Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy 4th!

We invited our parents over for burgers Monday night before the fireworks show. We also made yummy buffalo chicken dip to go with tortilla chips and Jan brought deviled eggs, potato salad, and brownies and ice cream for dessert. We don't go hungry in this family. Ha!

We went to watch a fireworks show at our church on the night of the 4th. I knew G would enjoy it, but B had never been before. He and I stayed home last year while Nana and Papa took G and her cousins. I was a little worried how he would respond to them. He doesn't like loud noises. Honestly, I thought I would have to sit in the car with him after the show began. That is not how it turned out at all....so thankful!

My best friend, Dawn, brought these light up Uncle Sam hats for each of the kids and she did sparklers with them. I hate sparklers, always have and always will. I'm not big on fireworks that you do at home, but I love watching shows. G did not like the sparklers either. She has a lot of her Momma in her. :)

Funny story- as we were waiting for the show to begin, my Mom and I were talking about bugs/flies. She hates them, as do I, but she tends to freak out a little. She asked if I liked them and I said no way, but I don't want to instill a fear in my children so I try to remain calm. Well, it wasn't even 5 minutes later and a frog jumps on my foot. I am wearing a cast right now because I had surgery on my ankle, so my toes are exposed. The frog is sitting there on my big toe and my heart drops. I can't really bend my leg to get it off so I raise my leg up to Janice and start yelling "There's a frog on my foot. There's a frog on my foot!! Get the frog off my foot!" I was not calm. It was so. not. cool. I think he was sitting there the whole time listening to our bug conversation and thought "I'll show her." Ha!













Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July!!



No comments: