As I was sitting watching the ceremony, I began thinking back to when J and I got married. This wedding was held in the same church that we were married in, which only added to the reminiscing that was taking place. It was only 6 years ago, but so much has happened in those 6 years...four pregnancies, two births, health struggles, four moves, bachelors and master's degrees, job changes, and so many great memories. As I was listening to them recite their vows, seeing Bristle struggle to get out her words and fighting through her tears, I was thinking of situations in our own marriage where that specific vow has come into play. We didn't just sign up for the good times, exceptional health, and becoming rich. If that were the case, we would have had broken vows quick! We made vows to God and each other in front of family and friends. They weren't just words to us. They had significant meaning. Marriage is not always easy. If it were we probably wouldn't have as many divorces as we do today. Marriage takes work. I am thankful that hearing Jason and Bristle's wedding vows has made me want to work even harder to be the best wife to my husband. Their ceremony was beautiful and we had a good time at the reception, visiting with friends we hadn't seen in a long while.
J and I have a close circle of friends. I was introduced to the circle in 1998. That is when they were just J's friends! Ha! Now I claim them as my own. We celebrate birthdays by going out to dinner, we help each other move, we support each other in times of trial, but the best time we have is after a couple in our circle gets married. We throw what we call "after parties." Dawn and Kris hosted Jason and Bristle's after party Saturday night. All of the wedding reception food that was left over went to their house for our party and the guys played a serious game of ping-pong while the girls did some serious chatting. I think this was the first after party where everyone was able to come(even the newlyweds...they're that much fun!) Mark and Shay just got engaged so we can look forward to another one next June! What will we do when everyone in our circle is married?

Congratulations Jason and Bristle! We wish you many happy years together. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment